Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Work it Wed - Drink of the Kentucky Derby

I love the Kentucky Derby.  I've never been and I can't say I've even sat down and watched all the excitement that IS the Kentucky Derby.  There's something about the traditions that gets me excited and keeps me wanting more of "The Run for the Roses"

As mentioned the Kentucky Derby is full of tradition and that's why, again, I get jacked up every year for this big event. 
Keeping with my tradition of loving good cocktails, I picked the traditional Kentucky Derby drink to showcase in today's Work it Wednesday blog post: 

 Early Times Mint Julep
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups water
  • Sprigs of fresh mint
  • Crushed ice
  • Early Times Kentucky Whiskey
  • Silver Julep Cups
Make a simple syrup by boiling sugar and water together for five minutes. Cool and place in a covered container with six or eight sprigs of fresh mint, then refrigerate overnight. Make one julep at a time by filling a julep cup with crushed ice, adding one tablespoon mint syrup and two ounces of Early Times Kentucky Whiskey. Stir rapidly with a spoon to frost the outside of the cup. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers